Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Belated but I've been busy... cut me a break!

I am writing this on my phone actually, as the convenience of a computer and of time are not on my side; it's after 10 and I'm already in bed.

I'm sure every one of us has had a moment such as I am right now; one of those moments when you settle in for sleep, and the day now behind you unwinds in your mind and heart as you process it. For me, it's easiest to recall such moments as ones that come after a good day, as opposed to a bad one( Not that any day is actually truly "bad", as it is a gift from God, and I am often challenged in the loose lingo of today's culture and am convicted in a sense to consider words more carefully, but we all know what I am talking about). Sometimes a "bad day" van end really well, and often these moments of reflection happen then too.
And that is where I find myself tonight. At the end of a wonderful weekend at Mom and Dad Bowden's house in NC with my amazing wife, our yet-to-arrive baby girl, our puppy, and all of the brothers and sisters with nieces and nephews, I have had a good past few days. And when I say "good" in the context of this post, I mean "good" in every literal and full sense of the word. I am talking about that knowing in the deepest part of who you are, the core of your spirit, that life is just good.

Feeling me? Relating somewhat? These are some of the moments in life that totally make being alive SO worth it.

Now, this is the point that I have been building up to, the one I want to drive home: considering what my life has been like in circumstance and emotion over the past several months; considering the contending my wife and I have had to do daily without feeling filled with the strength and will to do so; considering the enemy of God and all who belong to Him has ruthlessly been assaulting Becca and I in every conceivable way...

I lie here tonight with the fullness of Joy and Peace of God overwhelming my entire being.

How can this be? How can the storm of life be raging more furiously than EVER before in our lives all around us, and yet... I know in that deepest place of my soul that my life is good, that I am blessed, that I am truly happy?

It is because of the boundless, unrelenting, unconditional Love of Jesus Christ, my Savior and my King and my Beloved Father in Heaven and in my heart.

How earnestly and desperately the World is seeking the solution to this: to be truly happy. And how heartbreaking it is to see the World, blind and disoriented in darkness and sin, giving everything they have to obtain the satisfaction of perceived happiness in things that will only return void.

Humbly I declare this deep desire and prayer of my heart:

May my life oh Lord, testify of Your great Love, by whatever means necessary. In every blessing and every hardship, may you be made known in me, that the World around me may see Jesus more than they see me.

I hope and pray the encouragement brought to me in reflection of these truths reaches you as well, and that you would come to know the fullness of Joy and Peace in Him, and that your life can daily be made to testify the Goodness and Love of God more and more. There is no other way.

John14:6- Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

1 comment:

  1. My sweet darling love... How i love you! you're words are so perfect and your heart so beautiful. I love reading your posts and hearing your thoughts. You are such a man, such an example. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete