Thursday, January 19, 2012

Long time, can't see...

Wow. Seriously? I know it's been a while since I last posted anything, but August? Man. Hopefully any who have periodically checked in on me here haven't checked out, assuming I fell off the earth.

I do care to keep those who care about me informed about my life. That being said, to anyone who might actually follow this, my sincere apologies. I know if it was me I might have started to wonder... Anyways. How about I bring things to current, eh?


Yeah...we got a swagger wagon.


Just after the last post I wrote actually, we found that Becca is again pregnant!! I couldn't be more excited about it, and neither could she. It was definitely a surprise, as was Alizah,

 and this time... we are having a SON!! I can't wait to meet him!




Since August: well there is definitely too much to write down, and honestly too much to remember. It's been insane. Literally. Becca actually took Alizah and went to see my family in Utah in September for a week. That was the longest I have ever been away from my girls since I married Becca. It was just me and the dog. We survived it though.

We made it through the holidays pretty well, had happy visits with family. It is so much fun seeing my Doodle grow and learn, and Becca is such an amazing Mommy.

 I love just being able to hang with them; I treasure every moment.  



We are ironically now in a very similar place to where we were last year; needing to move and grow, and yet facing a lot of opposition and hardship in making that happen. I will spare you the details, but regardless, it has been an uphill battle on a steeper incline than last year.

...by His grace at least we're not sliding backwards. 

That is something that has been one of the best and hardest parts of our lives as of late. Our son is fine, but Becca has been diagnosed with a cervix condition called funneling. Basically her cervix has begun shortening too much, too fast, and this puts her at high risk for pre-term labor. As a result there has been a lot of juggling and struggling to accommodate the extra needs Becca has had, mainly needing extra hands with Alizah as she has been instructed to be on bed rest the remainder of the pregnancy to avoid raising the risk for early labor.

We have been blessed to have very supportive friends and family in all this, and even my job has been supportive and helpful. Most of all, Becca has been absolutely incredible. Just when life with her gets done revealing how much more amazing she is than I thought, it happens again.

She is the strongest person I know. 


Sure, I'm baist because she is my wife, but all of that aside she really is incredible. She is real and she is passionate and she is selfless in the midst of all that she is fighting against... and she is worthy of all the love and praise and and admiration in the world..


                   It's crazy...

    in all that life has thrown against us,
  I only fall more in love with her
  as she bares down by my side through it all.


So it's been a roller-coaster of months that have passed us by... and honestly I feel like there have been more downs that ups... but it's the ups that make the difference. Even if there's a brief light in the tunnel before plunging down into darkness again, or a moment to take in air before being sucked back down again beneath the waves... there's the glimmer of Hope.

Hope in a growing family.

Hope in a new life that is overcoming odds in his mommy's womb. 

Hope in a wonderful family that pours out empathy and compassion.

Hope in a Jesus who has already written tomorrow.

I'm not saying that despite the hard times we are in now I have the ability to see the light and feel confident that everything is going to be okay, but I am saying that even though it has become harder than it's ever been, I have experienced Hope; I have glimpsed the Light.

The fact that I am still here, in my right mind and right heart, testifies to the grace that He brings when we choose to hope in Him. I pray that somehow sharing this inspires Hope, when it's needed most... because there really is Hope to find that will get you by...



This is a song that really resonates with my heart here, unfortunately its the only one I could find to share. Don't worry about watching, just listen... enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment